Good morning Shooters!
Welcome to the 2022 Vortex JP Tri-Gun. We want to start off with a big thank you to all of you for being here with us. It is great to see all of you again as well as see new faces.
Thank you to all of the match sponsors:
- Title Sponsors are Vortex Optics and JP Rifles.
- Platinum level sponsors are Luth-AR, HIPERFIRE, American Defense Manufacturing, and Federal Premium.
- Gold level sponsors are Keltec Weapons, Timber Creek, Arnzen Arms, Atlas Gunworks, and Hunter’s HD Gold.
- Silver level sponsors are IWI, ShootSteel, King of the Mountain, Dissident Arms, Savage Arms, and Obsidian Arms.
- Bronze level sponsors are Benelli USA and Hornady.
- Also contributing is Starline Brass.
You will see their banners around the range and many of their representatives are here in person. If you see them or get a chance to meet them, please give them a thank you.
The Beer and Pizza Garden will be on Saturday night after the shooting is done. The Beer is being provided by Dissident Arms, and the pizza by Vortex Optics and JP Rifles. There will also be a social gathering around the beer cooler on Friday night after the shooting is done.
The distribution of the Sponsor Prize Bags for each shooter was delayed as we wanted to get all the products our generous sponsor provided gathered and placed in the bags. The bags will be distributed during the Beer and Pizza Garden event on Saturday night. Distribution will be competitors picking a ticket from a jar and getting the assigned bag to that ticket. For those that cannot make it to the event, you can pick up your bags on Sunday. In addition to the Sponsor Prize Bags, shooters who place in the top 25% of their division will also be recognized with an order-of-finish prize table at the Awards Ceremony on Sunday.
We have a custom Flatlander Steel Knife built by Brad Sterup who donated it to the Tri-Gun to be raffled off in support of a great cause. All the proceeds from this raffle will benefit the Soldiers 6, a nonprofit organization based in Minnesota that provides honorably discharged veterans, police officers, firefighters, paramedics, correctional officers, and 911 dispatchers with specially trained K-9’s. These special dogs will become their Battle Buddy and help guide them through the difficult days in life. And as we’ve always done each year, the MN 3Gun Group will add a donation to the proceeds for this cause.
A couple of other things to cover before we begin this match:
- Please drive slowly in and around the range to minimize the dust to us and our range neighbors.
- There are two parking areas in Gate 3. One is the grass field by Stage 6, and the other is the grass field all the way at the end by Stages 8 and 9. To get to the parking are by Stage 9, please drive on the grass behind the storage conex boxes. The gravel roads by the stages are for match staff only. There are signs to direct you to the competitor parking areas.
- The Range Officers’ copy of the Written Stage Brief is the official one. It overrules all previous copies posted.
- Range Officers are directed to only give warning to shooters violating certain procedural rules while shooting. The goal is to prevent a shooter from stacking too many procedural penalties. They are directed to stay consistent on this for the match.
- Everyone will be required to help their squad reset the stage after each shooter. The smooth flow of the match greatly depends on it.
- With the ½ day format, each squad will be shooting stages back to back. It is the responsibility of each shooter in the squad to be on their next stage in a timely manner. Arriving late after the rest of your squad is getting or has gotten their official stage briefing will not have the stage briefing or 5-minute walkthrough re-started.
- Please be respectful of our Range Officers and Match Staff who have given a lot of time and energy for this match. Should there be any disagreements, please kindly ask for the Range Master who will respond as quickly as he can. The Match Directors are also available if needed.
- In an event of an emergency, the Match Staff have an Emergency Plan in place and Medical Kits are strategically placed. All shooting will be stopped, and everyone will be expected to follow the direction of the match staff.
We wish everyone a great match and a great time. Shoot straight, shoot fast, reset even faster, and most importantly, be safe.
Now let’s get shooting.
Jomar Villamor – Match Director
Jay Schmitt – Match Director
Chris Cazin – Range Master